Individuals who want to secure the best personal loans must be very proactive. There are many companies that give you the option to låne penger but not all of them are created equal. Something that every consumer needs to ask themselves prior to going forward and borrowing money is determine whether they have a legitimate need to låne penger.
Sources of Personal Loans
· Family & Friends: This is a great source of personal loans and typically the terms are very agreeable. The primary issue with this approach is your circle of family and friends may not have the cash on hand to meet your needs. Another issue is whenever borrowing money from family/friends it can lead to friction so it may not be the best option for you.
· Local Lenders: Your local financial institution may be able to provide you with the loans you need. While these local lenders may be convenient you could be overpaying for the loan so it helps to shop around.
· Online Lenders: The Internet now gives consumers the ability to shop around for the best personal loan terms possible. While this is very convenient you need to make sure the lender is legitimate and the terms being offered are competitive. If you are not proactive with these online lenders you could end up with a bad deal.
Components of a Personal Loan
· Amount being financed: This is the amount of money being borrowed. Each lender will have a minimum and a maximum amount they are willing to work with. You need to be aware of this so you don’t waste your time with lenders that cannot accommodate your needs.
· Tenure of the loan: This is the amount of time you will have to repay the loan and it varies from a few days to years. Something to bear in mind whenever applying for a personal loan is the more time you need the more expensive the loan will be. Try to take a tenure that is as short as possible so you end up paying less for the loan.
· Interest Rate: This is the cost of borrowing money and varies from lender to lender. What some lenders do is use a “teaser” rate to attract you then increase it after a few months. To avoid being duped with this marketing ploy you have to look for lenders that have transparent terms.
· Additional Processing Fees: One way these lenders increase their revenue is by attaching processing fees to the loan. These fees are added on top of the interest rate being charged so the lender can “double dip”.
After reviewing all of these components you should have a list of prospective lenders to choose from. Prior to actually taking the loan it could be considered financially prudent to reassess your need for the loan. If you absolutely need the loan then proceed with these suggestions and you should be able to get a competitively priced personal loan.